How to ensure a fun baby shower
Baby showers aren’t fun! This is what I hear from most of my friends. I decided to delve deeper and find out where this stigma comes from and how we can change people’s minds!
- So, it turns out the top reason is alcohol, surprise surprise. The expectant mother isn’t drinking, so she feels ‘why should everyone else be drinking around me on MY day?’
- Next is family. Having to behave and remain somewhat ‘PC’ with family.
- You start to question where you are in your life and if you’re where you’re meant to be.
- The friends organising have a tough time as there is actually a lot more involved than they thought!
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
- All baby showers have games, don’t they? And when are games even more fun – when you’re tipsy, so go ahead and let your friends have a tipple as you’re sure to have fun regardless.
- Try not to make the games embarrassing for yourself / the Mum-to-be.
- Be inventive with said games.
- Most importantly, don’t have too many!
Baby photo guess game
Each guest brings (or sends in advance) one of his or her own baby pictures. The guest who correctly IDs the most baby photos wins!
How well do you know Mum?
Before the shower, fill out a printable answer sheet listing the physical features (eye colour, height, athleticism) and personality traits (sense of humour, intelligence, creativity) you’d like your baby to get from you and which ones you’d like to come from your partner. At the shower, provide guests with blank answer sheets and have them guess what you picked. Compare answers — whoever has the most correct wins!
Design a Baby Grow
Give everyone fabric paints and a plain white one-piece and bib to decorate. The best part of this messy-but-brilliant baby-shower activity is that it’s not only fun for guests, but the mom-to-be ends up with handmade keepsakes that she’ll actually use.
Gifts for the winners:
You have to give people some incentive, so get yourself down to Aldi or Lidl and stock up on Prosecco for starters! Other ideas could be nail varnish, bath bombs, a mini cactus or cute nibbles like macaroons & muffins.
MAKE IT MEMORABLE
If it’s not on social media, did it even happen?
Think about how much people like to document life these days, so start off by making everything look ‘Instagramable’.
Do a Kimye and get creative with a flower backdrop for photographs. Pink flowers if you’re having a girl, blue flowers if you’re having a boy and a mixture of both if you chose not to find out.
Have on trend, pre-packed baby shower decorations delivered direct to your doorstep with styleboxe to ensure you get that ‘pinterest’ style baby shower decorations your guests will love.
Photo booths are bang on trend, so why not hire one for a sure way to keep your guests entertained.
Buy a few mini polaroid camera’s to turn your moments into instant memories.
So, solutions to our top 4 reasons why baby showers aren’t fun:
1. Stock up on prosecco at Lidl or Aldi and let your guests have a giggle
2. Ensure everyone gets involved. The prosecco will help family and friends merge and get to know each other a bit better.
3. Make it a fun and light hearted affair with lots of laughs.
4. Tell the organisers to check out styleboxe to get their pinterest-style baby shower decorations they have in their heads but without the stress. ‘Simply select your look and tell us your details. We’ll take care of the rest.’ https://www.styleboxe.com/table-decorations/venues/baby-showers-venues/
Baby showers have been huge in the US for years and often seen as unnecessary American custom but the UK have now adopted this trend and made the celebration its own! Baby showers don’t have to be solely about the gifts but instead a lovely opportunity for a group of women to get together and celebrate the arrival of a new life.
HAVE FUN! We love to see your baby showers in full swing, so be sure to tag us @styleboxe_ so we can see your party in action.
From the styleboxe team